Sunday, January 27, 2013

Life's Out-Takes

The photography biz is slowly picking up. And because it's hard to do outside on-location shoots in the winter in New England, and many of the indoor places available don't have the light I need, I decided to set up a home "studio" in our living room. I got the kids to let me use them as models as I play with my lights and settings, and looking at the pictures after the shoot reminded me that some of the best parts of life are the out-takes. The kids may not be looking at the camera, or smiling, but it captures them so much better than a posed studio shot. So while I'm grateful for a large living room and a family who doesn't mind the clutter of my photography gear, I'm really looking forward to spring, summer, and fall, when I'll be back outside with my camera. (And, yes, I know I can go outside in the winter. But the high temps have been in the teens here lately, and I'm just not doing it.)


And, just because I love the out-takes doesn't mean I don't love the everyone-looking-at-the-camera-and-smiling-I-have-the-perfect-family-kids-shot any less ;)

And speaking of perfect... this happened too:

0 comments:

Post a Comment