Wednesday, April 10, 2013

3.

Last week, Addison turned 3.

I need to let that just sink in for a minute.

3 years ago, I started blogging. Addison was born on a Tuesday, and by Friday night I had written my first post. I was scared, I was angry, and I needed to let it out. Now, I'm lucky if I remember to blog. There's no gut-wrenching emotional/medical turmoil, no big looming questions. I had a new friend ask about Addy's birthmark, quietly while Addy was busy doing something else. As I gave the Cliff Notes version of the path we've taken, I was struck by how long ago it all seems; a different lifetime already. For anyone who's wondering, she's awesome. She's better than awesome, she's AddyGirl.

I wish I had more pictures to share. I have to admit that I get caught up in the entertaining and socializing business of a party, and forget to capture it all. Plus, Addy was pretty overwhelmed with all the people in the house, so I was more preoccupied with gentle reassurances than I usually have to be with her.

So here are a (very) few from this weekend. She was frowning so hard, it was almost comical...


Jess and John came up for the party, and for a maternity photo shoot. I'm so excited to meet this new little nephew!

I know I promised a post about the chickens we are raising... I'll get to that. We're welcoming a new addition to our family this weekend (of the 4-legged variety), and I'll be heading to NJ with the kids for a bridal shower soon too.

And... I think Spring is here. Finally!

0 comments:

Post a Comment