Wednesday, September 7, 2011

York.

I know, I know, I've been neglecting the blog lately. We've been getting into the swing of things, with middle school, playgroups, and family time. The days are passing quickly, and by the time everyone is tucked into bed, I'm tucking myself in, too! Chloe is loving middle school, and all that it entails - lockers, changing classrooms, study hall, and a long walk home with some great new friends.

Last Friday, we went and spent the day up in York, Maine. We went to the zoo, Nubble Light (believed to be the most photographed lighthouse in the world), and a cliff walk. The weather was perfect, and the views were breath-taking. And lobster rolls for lunch? We'll be back.
Quacking at the ducks.
Deer at the petting zoo. Pretty cool.
Addy reminding us to stop and smell the flowers.
Learning to roll down hills

The next day was Ava's first birthday party.
If there's a hill in sight, my girls are rolling down it.
 We met up with Lily, who is a four year old who has SP like Addy. She was in town for a week to see the doctors in Boston. It was great to meet her and her family, and get to chat with her parents. They got some answers while they were in Boston, and while they were mostly positive, it was not everything they had hoped to hear. Talking with them as they worked through their feelings after the tests and appointments transported me back to our first appointment at Boston over a year ago. It also reminded me to try and just take everything one day at a time, because you can spend the whole day worrying about what will be, and worrying doesn't change anything. There is a fine line between advocating for your child and endlessly searching for an answer that no one can give, and as parents of children with a rare condition, we walk that line every day.

Sunday was a home day, so we spent some time playing outside and washing the cars.

On Labor Day, we went to the Children's Museum with Livvie, Ava, and their families. I really struggle with taking pictures in the museum. The lighting is just low enough that it's almost impossible to take a shot that isn't blurry without a flash, and I just don't like using a flash, except in more of a studio setting (I have a great wireless flash that I use for maternity and newborn pictures when I need it). Even without the pictures to prove it, we all had a great time.
After the museum, Kasandra, Andrew, and Ava came over to BBQ. We had a great time, as always.

It's been raining since Monday night. Pete is away, traveling for work. We've been trying to keep busy inside, but going through the rough transition from 2 naps to 1 nap. Dealing with a fussy, cranky, tired 17 month old reminds me of the exhaustion of a newborn. Speaking of newborn exhaustion, we're officially on "baby-watch"; my sister is due with her first child on Friday. We're excited and I'm looking forward to taking some newborn pictures of my new niece or nephew!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful photos, as usual. Absolutely love the one of Chloe in color with the cliffs/ocean in black and white.

Post a Comment