Monday, December 19, 2011

Holidays and escape hatches

Christmas preparations are in full swing.

If you take a bit of this...
And add a bit of that...
 And let it dry...
 You can end up with this:

Last year, we started doing homemade ornaments, and I love it.

We had a busy week, with a holiday violin concert for Chloe, and an office Christmas party for Pete. But the capstone was traveling to the Vineyard this weekend for some rest, relaxation, and time with Granddad and Helen. The Vineyard has become our escape hatch. It provides the opportunity to get away from the endless "to do" lists, the piles of things yet to be dealt with screaming at us from every corner, and just breathe. And sit in the woods (or in the house in the woods at this time of year) and read, or sleep, or think. And it delivered on every front.


 Note the matching earrings. Chloe was thrilled, and has vowed to wear them every day for the next week.

Chloe waited patiently for her game with Granddad. And even though I only meant to post one picture, I couldn't decide on the one I liked best - so - chess, a series:


I spent some time trying to capture, unposed, the love between my grandparents. And I think we got it.

And then it was back to reality again. But first, a quiet ferry ride during sunset, and an abundance of snuggles.

I also managed to get our Christmas cards ordered this week. Even though I love it, this picture didn't make the cut, so I can share it now:

Be merry.

3 comments:

Kasandra said...

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Allison said...

What kind of paint for the handprints? Can I steal? I love love love them...

Kelly said...

It's white acrylic paint - here's the link to the blog I found them on: http://www.littlebitfunky.com/2010/12/make-these-now-handprint-snowman.html

Post a Comment