Friday, February 17, 2012

Love and family

I procrastinate. A lot. Right now I'm procrastinating packing by doing a blog post. We're headed down to New Jersey this weekend, to meet new babies (Finn and Abby), and celebrate others (Austin turns 1!).  It's February break for Chloe this week, so she and Addy are going to stay in New Jersey. I'm not sure if that makes me brave for letting Addy go for a week, or my family brave for having them. I love that they are going, but I'm going to love more when it's time for them to come home.

I was hoping Pete and I would have a quick ski vacation while kid-free, but of course the timing never works - he is doing a marathon next weekend, so the ski trip got vetoed. The new plan? Sleeping in, mani/pedis, and organizing the basement (boo).


For Valentine's Day, K and I took the little girls to Starbucks for cake pops. They are quite social little beings, and they love waving and saying hi to everyone, so Starbucks is a treat for them. And, with lattes and built in distractions for the girls, it's a treat for K and I too. The girls almost always get mistaken for twins - matching blue eyes, similar hair color, same height, and obvious love for each other. Instead, they are something almost as special as twins - best friends.

**********

Addy has become the queen of expressions. The over-the-shoulder we both know I shouldn't do this, but are you going to stop me look, the yeah and I dare you to try and stop me look, the I love you look.
"Helping" me write checks. Never turn your back on a toddler, a pen, and a checkbook.
Winter time makes me forget how much I love pudgy baby knees.

OK, it's time to face the music. And pack up the bags, and the car. And try and tell myself I will. not. cry. when we drive back on Monday with an empty backseat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment