Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Early October

I meant to write a blog post a week after my last one to provide a quick "we are here, we are well" update. And THEN I meant to blog a week after that... and well, I'm here now.

We are here, and we are well.

Addy's angiogram recovery was smooth and easy. But she decided to throw a monkey wrench in the works, and declared that she was no longer wearing diapers or sleeping in a crib. We smiled, and placated her, thinking that this too would pass. She insisted on going cold turkey; no more diapers, not even at night. And, nearly three weeks later, she's had only 2 accidents. She loves her big girl bed, and the horse bedding she inherited from Chloe. She recently declared that the crib was "for Baby Pete, in case he needs to relax when he comes to visit." Obviously, the new sibling concept is still a work in progress. We'll get there... in December.

The girls planted bulbs in the back - Chloe took total control. I'm excited for the spring to come, to see how the garden grows.

We had some really warm days in October, and spent an evening playing at the beach.

We've had a great few weeks.
There are lots of reasons I love this picture - Addy perched on my bump, squeezing as hard as she can - but most of all, I love this picture because Chloe took it.

Can't believe Halloween is right around the corner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment