Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Short 'n' sweet


Do you ever look around in surprise, amazed at where you are and what you are doing? If you had told me a year ago that I'd be a stay at home mom with a blossoming photography business, I probably would have taken your temperature, started IV fluids, and called in a psych eval. I would have thought that there would be no way that I'd leave pediatric oncology, that I'd worked to hard to become a nurse practitioner to walk away. I don't miss fighting with insurance companies, or the endless documentation, but I do miss the families. But, and this is a big but, I wouldn't change a thing. Who knows, maybe in 10 years, I'll be back in my lab coat and stethoscope talking with someone about how I used to be a photographer. It's really about the ride so much more than the destination, anyway.

So we're almost to the mid-way point of Pete's work trip, and we're missing him.

Today was photo shoot #1. In the next 7 days, I am doing 3 days of photo shoots involving 16 kids. Crazy? Probably. It went well, although Addison (the little girl I was shooting) wasn't really interested in having her picture taken, so we had to work for it a bit. We did get some good shots, and it also provided me with the opportunity to set up my Zenfolio page - there's not much there right now, but as I do more shoots, I'll be adding more pictures. 
Big-girl Addison from today's shoot


0 comments:

Post a Comment