Monday, July 4, 2011

Week in review


OK, I'm officially saving up for a MacBook - a) I hated waiting to edit the pictures from the photo shoots I did in NJ, and b) I am so overwhelmed with everything I have to put in this blog post. Let me start at the beginning...

On Saturday, we drove down to NJ. We made a pitstop in northern New Jersey to meet Avalynn (her mom went to preschool with my older sister, and our mothers have best friends since), and do my first newborn shoot. She is a doll.

Then we went the rest of the way down to spend the week with family. We discovered Addison loves the beach - the sand, the waves, everything.
I had a second photo shoot - a lovely swirling of my past and present. Shannon was a patient of mine when I was a nurse in New Jersey. She will be celebrating being cancer-free for 4 years this summer. She is such an amazing, beautiful girl, and it was so nice to get to capture it. It was also really nice to be shooting a person who listened to what I said, and did it. Not that I don't still love photographing young children, but it was a nice change of pace.
The evening before Chloe left for Nationals (more on that later), we spent an evening, just the 4 of us, on the beach. It was picturesque - and I had that overwhelming feeling of love. I have great kids, a great husband, and a great life. We also found out Addy loves fireworks. I wasn't able to capture her expressions in the dark, but they were classic. And the little stuffed puppy Pete won for her on the boardwalk? Treasured.
We got lots of good family time in, and had a huge family party with Pete's mom's side on the 3rd. I don't know the official headcount, but I think it was near 50. And I left my camera in the car. 
 Playground with AJ! (His mom Becky and I went to high school together)
Cruising the boardwalk with Dad. Nope, she's not walking yet!

Corn isn't the only thing they are growing in New Jersey - something even sweeter - another new cousin for Chloe and Addy!
Julie is now 30 weeks pregnant with "Bean sprout!"

Talking on the phone like a Jersey girl - eyes rolling, hands gesturing. 

Chloe is at the World Appaloosa Horse Show in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She had a bit of a rough start to the show today, but we're hoping she worked her jitters out. There is a live stream of the show, which can be found HERE

We're happy to be home, ignoring the piles of laundry from the unpacked bags, and the bags still yet to be unpacked. Pete heads back to work tomorrow, but tonight, it's still vacation.

Happy 4th.

0 comments:

Post a Comment