Friday, August 26, 2011

Calm Before The Storm

On Monday, we went to Wright's Pond with Kasandra and Ava. The weather was perfect - high seventies with a nice breeze.


The east coast was rocked (albeit gently) by an earthquake on Tuesday. Pete felt it at work, but I was in the car and missed it.

Chloe came home yesterday; school starts next week. The past 24 hours have been packed with heart-melting moments of adoration between sisters. I was enjoying watching them too much to grab my camera and attempt to capture it. Luckily, I sense the moments are not fleeting, and I will step back and have some picture of the pure love to share soon.

We're gearing up for Hurricane Irene. We're not supposed to get a direct hit, but the forecast keeps changing, so we're prepared. We have bottled water, flashlights, batteries, and even MRE's. I brought in all the toys from the yard yesterday, and did some canning today. I'm hoping my over-preparation means that we won't even lose power. If we do, everyone can head on over. We've got supplies.

We went out in the muggy heat to walk around the lake tonight. It's actually the reservoir, which the town has drawn down as they prepare for the rain Irene will bring. Just a reminder that I'm not the only one getting ready for the storm.

God, I have missed this silhouette. Welcome home, Chloe.

1 comments:

Kasandra said...

We make holy cuteness babies :)

Post a Comment