Friday, November 4, 2011

Published!

This is just a quick Friday Flash of a post, but I'm ecstatic to announce that a piece I wrote is currently being featured on the Mamalode website. The piece is an adaptation of the Hope, Strength, and Blueberries post I did in July.
Please, take a look, and if you are so inspired, share it with a friend. Thanks.
********************************
In cleaning out my grandmother's apartment, my cousin discovered our great-grandfather's pipes. "Grand-pere," sitting and smoking his pipe is a memory that imprinted itself on many of our memories, and I was asked to take some pictures of the pipes. I'm not used to subjects that don't smile back, but this is what I came up with.
*****
We have some sick in our house. Addy has been battling a high fever for the past few days, and was diagnosed with coxsackievirus today (also known as foot-hand-mouth disease). She has some vesicles in the back of her throat, but no rash on her hands or feet yet. We're hoping that the fevers will break soon, and that the rash stays away.

Chloe had her first middle school dance tonight. My heart clutched as she hopped out of the car, purse swinging, and ran over to join her friends in line. My baby is growing up.

Thanks for checking out my Mamalode post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment