Monday, October 31, 2011

New England Fall

I missed the boat on once-weekly posts. In my defense, I worked 3 days this week, and hosted Toddler Town (my new name for when I have both Addy and Ava home with me) the other 2.

We also lost my grandmother this week, after a long battle with illness. So I'm writing this post while still processing through the raw emotion of the funeral services. As a person who cries really easily, funerals are not my thing. This was the first funeral I can remember for a family member; the last service I sat through was for Pete's mom, and I hadn't had a chance to meet her before she died (Pete and I had just started dating the week before). Hearts were heavy, and emotions ran high. My grandmother was a complicated lady, with complicated relationships. I struggled with what to do from a photography standpoint for the day - it is rare to have my mom and her siblings, along with so many of my cousins, in the same space, but in the end I left my camera at home. I regret it, as there were many good photo opportunities as everyone chatted and the grandchildren and great-grandchildren ran and played. But it also prevented me from hiding behind the camera, and I had wonderful conversations with my many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

**************************

I had to pause and think to remember all that we've done the past few weeks (thank goodness pictures are saved by date!)
We spent more time at the pumpkin patch
*********************
My best friend from high school, Angela, and her husband Will, came to visit us for a weekend and to watch the Head of the Charles (Angela competed in the Head of the Charles back in '98). It was pristine, perfect, fall New England weather.
Will, Angela, and the baby bump!

That was 8 days ago. In the past week, it's snowed twice. This was yesterday. This does not feel like October.

This was yesterday, too. Even though it was for a sad occasion, we were so happy that we got a weekend with my mom. Pajama pictures.
Addy got a little blurred in that one.

Happy Halloween everyone! More pics to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment