Sunday, April 10, 2011

Celebrations

Yesterday was a great day. The weather was absolutely perfect - sunny and warm. We gathered in the backyard with family and friends who traveled from near and far, and celebrated Addy's first year. I have in my mind all the cute, artsy photos I didn't take, because I was kicking back and soaking it all in. So, there aren't as many pictures as I thought I would take, and they aren't all amazing shots, but I loved all the time I spent chatting with everyone instead of snapping pictures of everyone chatting.


 Thanks Jube, for grabbing the camera and taking a family shot!

More cakes, more bragging.

If there was any question if Addy partied hard, I think the fact that she slept an extra hour this morning and then took a morning nap that lasted more than 3 hours speaks for itself.

************************** (this means I have no cute segue to move on to the next topic)
Last week, as I was preparing dinner, I grabbed something out of the fridge and turned back around, not noticing that Addy had managed to sneak her hand out and stop the fridge from closing all the way. She found the blueberries (her FAVORITE), and grabbed the container and dropped it on the floor, where it popped open. She must have realized that her time with the blueberries was limited, because she was shoveling them in as fast as she could. I snapped a few pictures before cutting her off...

Chloe had a half day on Thursday, so we gathered some friends and went to the Science Museum. We spent a half an hour in the Butterfly Garden. It was hot and humid (we were a bit overdressed for that experience!), but practically empty (of people). The kids got a kick out of the butterflies - like bubbles, but they don't pop!




We also spent some time in the Discovery Center, where the babies could play on the floor.


Today was another gorgeous day, and we spent time on the sun porch and at Horn Pond. It has been a joyful week, and an amazing weekend. Thanks to everyone who was able to come to the party - and we definitely missed the friends and family who couldn't make it. We look forward to catching up with each and every one of you soon!





0 comments:

Post a Comment