Monday, April 18, 2011

Quiet


It's been a quiet few days for us. Chloe is on Spring Break, so she is down in NJ doing all the horseback riding her legs can handle. The show season was officially kicked off this weekend, so from now until late July, she'll be competing in horse shows more weekends than not. Pete, Addy, and I did some party-hopping on Saturday, then had a nice quiet Sunday. We are loving the fact that Addy is starting to communicate - she now picks out a book and brings it over to us, or grabs her bubbles for us to blow.

Look at that face, baby! We think the next laser treatment (May 2nd) will be the last one. We know the lip is still a bit dark, but that's a tough spot to get to respond, and so we'll work on it again when she's older, and can do it without anesthesia. 

with 6-year-old birthday girl/princess Lyra

I think Pete was going for husband of the year yesterday. He not only got up with the baby (at 6am, uggggggh), but did all of the morning stuff - poopy diaper changes, breakfast, coffee, etc - and then finally presented me with breakfast in bed at 8am. I'm counting it as my Mother's Day treatment. We spent the day just hanging out, did some grilling, then went to Cold Stone for a little treat. (I was good though - boring frozen yogurt. Stole a few incredible bites of Pete's Strawberry Blond - mmmmmmmm.) Now that Addy has gotten past the one-year mark, and she's consuming everything in sight, I'm getting more lenient about what treats she can try. So she had a few tastes of our ice cream, too. It was similar to how she reacted to her birthday cake - no crazy excited antics, just a hopeful "Muh?" when she was ready for another taste.

This is the face of teething. Ouch. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the amber necklace we ordered. 

I was reminded after my last post that I sometimes forget that not everyone speaks Medical-ese, and that not everyone has been following Addy's journey from the beginning, so it can be a bit confusing. I've added a page of Medical Terms. You can find it on the upper right side of blog, under Pages. I tried to describe each of the things that I talk about, and what it may mean for our girl. I'll update it as we find out more information this summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment