Saturday, October 8, 2011

iPads and Pumpkins

It's been a good week. I'm enjoying the Wordless Wednesday posts - it allows me to share a few pictures without the pressure of figuring out what to talk about. This week was bittersweet - my last week of staying home full-time. Well, sort of. I've been doing the photography thing, and the Scentsy thing. So I have been sort of working. But, leaving, to work outside our home, is something I haven't done at all for almost a year. I'm excited and sad - excited because I know Addy is going to have a great time during the childcare swap we've arranged, excited to be challenged with learning some new things (I'm going to also do some shifts in the pediatric ICU), and excited that I've picked a career that allows me to work just a few days a week. I've been hired as a per-diem, which means that I'm not guaranteed a set number of hours per week, but I get to set my own schedule. The goal is for me to work 2 days per week, and the occasional weekend shift. I'm sad for the obvious reasons - sad that I'll be away from the kids two days a week, sad that I won't get home until after Addy is asleep on the days that I'm working. But, overall, the excitement is overriding the sad, and I know working is a very good thing.

Unless you live under a rock, you know Steve Jobs died this week. A quick tribute, Addy style:

We had a photo shoot at the pumpkin patch with Sarah and Livvy.

I have a photography event tomorrow, and then get to spend Monday preparing for hospital orientation. The weather this weekend has taken a turn towards bizarre - it was in the 40's when we woke up this morning, and warmed up to the high seventies. Tomorrow, it's forecasted to be a record high of 86. C'mon.... I'm ready for sweater weather!
My favorite from the week


0 comments:

Post a Comment