Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Night Quickie

I've been experimenting with flash photography. I love natural light pictures, but the reality is that we live in a duplex, so only half the house has windows. And it's been raining for days. Which means that there are so many pictures I have taken that are blurry, because of the dreary natural lighting. And since I already own a great flash (and don't have thousands to spend on a super-duty lense), I'm learning. All the pictures in the post were taken tonight with the flash.

We've discovered she loves tomato soup. In a mug, so she can slurp it. 

We have a bad case of the Mondays. Which means that although I knew better, I crossed my fingers that it would all work out and sent Chloe to school this morning (she's been fighting a virus all weekend), and took the car to get an oil change. And shortly after I told them, "sure, go ahead and put on new brakes, we'll wait..." the school called to let me know she had thrown up in the cafeteria. So Pete had to leave work to get Chloe, and I finally dragged into the house at 1:30 after spending 3 hours at the car dealership with a toddler (who was perfectly behaved, but still is a toddler), a few hundred dollars poorer.

Chloe, mounting as much of an eye-rolling as she can about how she "can't even escape my camera when she has a fever." Cookin' at about 103 in this one.

My stay-at-home days are numbered. Next week, I will start working as an RN at Tufts Floating Hospital for Children, on their pediatric BMT (bone marrow transplant) floor. More info to come - but I'm sad and excited all at once. New chapter.

Happy Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment