Sunday, March 27, 2011

Breaking Out


I have started to question the logic in our decision to move north to Boston, instead of somewhere like Florida. I follow the blog of a mom in Florida, and she has had pictures with green grass, and started talking about Spring arriving back in February. We are grim and determined to at least pretend that Spring may be coming, and have been going to walk around Horn Pond a few times each week. It's been cold, and the wind coming off the pond bites at your cheeks and takes your breath away. But we get out there and trudge around the pond and wonder how the dozens of geese, mallard ducks, and the pair of swans can stand the frigid water.





And even when we aren't out at the pond, we can still get lots of cute sister pictures by standing near the one window that lets sunlight in.




I have finally really made some mom friends, so much so that we are planning lunch and play dates, and have some playgroups that Addy and I regularly hit up. It's amazing how far a little "people really DO like me" validation can go to make you feel human again.

I also have started working on the cake for Allison's baby shower next weekend. I wish I could post pictures, but it's more fun when it's a surprise. I'll post some after she's cut into it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment