Friday, March 4, 2011

Hot Mess

"Hot Mess" is a great descriptor. And, today, it fits me to a T. I have an awful headcold. I am cranky and mindless. Today was a banner day. When there were a few too many minutes of silence today, I went in search of Addy. ("In search of" is a relative term. Our whole lower level is the same size as my parents' kitchen, so it really takes 4 steps from the couch to the area of the living room where I can see into the kitchen. And that's all there is for the lower level. But when you have a cold, even those 4 steps are a big deal). Addy wasn't hard to find. She was happily munching on the dog food Cinnamon hadn't finished.  Then I almost locked myself out of the house. With my cell phone inside, and the baby strapped in her highchair. I had a solid 10 seconds of of-shit-oh-shit-oh-shit before I slammed myself against the door hard enough that it popped open. And I was able to breathe again.


I'm drinking tea, taking Vitamin C, and praying for a cure for the common cold.


 These smiles help, though.


And, because it is the natural progression (stay-at-home-mom, blogging, cloth diapering) we are doing just that. I have one Flip that I put on Addy for a few hours today, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the bumGenius diapers I ordered. And all the "stuff" of cloth diapering - wet bags, cloth wipes, etc! It's funny, because I don't think of myself as "granola"... but here I am; making my own baby food, cloth diapering, birthing without an epidural (and we'll probably have the next one at a birthing center, hospitals be dammed!) I'm not quite ready to burn my bra though.

Really, when there's a diaper that makes my chunker look like she has skinny legs, how to you say no?


11 months old tomorrow! And MAN, are we ready to be done with bottles!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Kelly! I love your blog...the pics are great and Im so....jealous, envious maybe that you get to stay home with Addy. I miss Evyn. I think I would have had a nervous breakdown if I stayed home with Ethan, but now I think I could do it (if our finances would allow). I just think its great! Good luck with those cloth diapers. Make sure you let us know how they work. Do you have a service that picks them up???
ps-AMEN for the invention of the epidural! You go girl. With Ethan it didnt work and passing out between contractions is not my idea of a good birth! lol....

Heather said...

another ps :) - give those chunky legs a good squeeze for me!

Post a Comment