Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One of THOSE

It's only Tuesday, and it's already been a long week. The weather is ever so slowly warming up. The snow is melting.

(Melting, but there still is plenty. And now there is mud!)
We went out walking this weekend, and it was great. Chloe pushed Addy in the Cozy Coupe, Pete walked the dog, and I took pictures. Lots of people smiled at us, and we smiled back.

Monday was laser day. Treatment #2. They asked how we did with treatment #1, and I said the swelling was significant. They said they gloss over the swelling when preparing you so that the parents don't get too scared and back out. (Her eye was swollen shut - it was gut wrenching.) We were in and out of there in less than 2 hours, and Addy handled it all like a champ. She has MUCH less swelling than last time. These are some shots from yesterday, after she woke up from her nap. The red will get purplish over the next few days, and the swelling will subside. Then the purple fades like a bruise, and we finally see the results.


I have been on a quest to make some Mom-friends up here. I joined some Mom's groups, and have gone to 2 "meet ups" so far. They have not been a roaring success. I left today feeling like I am doomed to be lonely, and that I've left all my friends (Moms and 'regulars') back in New Jersey and DC. I know my already-friends have set a high bar, but I'm still hoping I can make some local ones. I'm going to give it a few more shots, but really, I feel like grabbing my kids and crawling under a rock. OK, enough complaining.

MY CLOTH DIAPERS ARRIVED! Wahoo! Addy was only in them for 4 hours today, and then it was bed time, so we triple-stuffed and crossed our fingers that there won't be any leaks. Of course, in those 4 hours, I did have to deal with a dirty diaper, but it's done, and over, and not so bad. And no leaks. I'll write more about the whole cloth diapering thing in the next few days as I get the hang of it. 
I mentioned to one of the moms in the group today that we were going to start cloth diapering, and she responded, "oh, you're one of THOSE" and starting walking a little faster.

Yeah, I guess I am. But don't worry, I'm still wearing a bra.


0 comments:

Post a Comment